Note: Due to the format limitations on blogspot blogs, I publish the full versions of my weekly previews and picks column on HubPages.com. HubPages is an online article publishing platform and as such it allows me to incorporate images and video much easier than blogspot does. The full versions of my weekly previews and picks are available here on HubPages.

In addition, most of the other posts on this blog are also published on Bleacher Report, a sports writing site. They can be found here on my Bleacher Report profile

My Picks for the Conference Championship Round of the 2009 NFL Playoffs

See, I told you that I would turn it around. After going just 2-2 straight up with a dismal 1-3 against the spread in my Wildcard Round picks, I went 3-1 straight up and 4-0 against the spread in my Divisional Round picks. Which leaves me 5-3 straight up and also 5-3 against the spread overall.

It's another week of reruns, but of course, both of these retreads are going to be well worth watching. One is a genuine grudge match; with no hyperbole needed to sell it as such. The other is the most unlikely conference championship matchup ever; featuring two teams that weren't even supposed to be worthy of being in the playoffs in the first place. Can it get any better than this? Maybe.

Then again, with Philly having played both Baltimore and Pittsburgh during the season, there's a fifty-fifty chance that the reruns will carry over into SuperBowl XLIII. Apparently, Hollywood isn't the only one who can't manage to come up with original programming anymore. (READ THE ENTIRE POST ON HUPAGES)

My Picks:

Philadelphia (-3) at Arizona

SU: Philly

ATS: Philly

Baltimore at Pittsburgh (-6)

SU: Baltimore

ATS: Baltimore

Weekly Record:

SU: 0-2

ATS: 0-2

Overall Record:

SU: 5-5

ATS: 5-5
Related Posts with Thumbnails