Note: Due to the format limitations on blogspot blogs, I publish the full versions of my weekly previews and picks column on HubPages.com. HubPages is an online article publishing platform and as such it allows me to incorporate images and video much easier than blogspot does. The full versions of my weekly previews and picks are available here on HubPages.

In addition, most of the other posts on this blog are also published on Bleacher Report, a sports writing site. They can be found here on my Bleacher Report profile

My Picks for Superbowl XLIII

Okay, maybe I got a little cocky after my near perfect week during the Divisional Round and picked both #6 seeds to win the Conference Championships, in spite of this being the first time that two no. 6's had ever gotten one game away from the Superbowl.

So, my 0-2 record dropped me back down to where I was after the Wildcard Round leaving me 5-5 straight up and also 5-5 against the spread.

I'm done overlooking the Cardinals though and I think they have a real shot to win the whole thing. This has actually been one of the best playoffs in a long time and I think this game will follow that trend.

It would be hard for it to surpass last year with the Giants' huge upset of the undefeated Patriots (which I predicted with the correct score even), but it should be a great one. So pull out some good snacks, grab a chair, and let's get this thing started.

Since this is the final game 'til September, I decided to throw in a few extra picks rather than just picking who will win and who will cover the point spread. I'm also picking the result of the opening coin flip, the over/under, and the MVP. (READ THE ENTIRE POST ON HUBPAGES)

My Picks:

The Opening Coin Flip

My pick: Tails

The Over/Under - 46 1/2 points

My pick: Over

The Pittsburgh Steelers ( -7 ) vs. the Arizona Cardinals

SU: Arizona Cardinals

ATS: Arizona Cardinals

The Superbowl MVP

My pick: Kurt Warner

Weekly Record:

SU: 0-1

ATS: 0-1

The Coin Toss: 0-1

The Over/Under: 1-0

The MVP: Santonio Holmes

Final Overall Record:

SU: 5-6

ATS: 6-5
Related Posts with Thumbnails